By George A. Boyd © 2020
Q: What brings about Realization? How can I move beyond simply receiving information and truly grasping the essence of what I am taught?
A: We begin the process of Realization through inquiry, or questioning.
Questioning requests an answer from the ensouling entity, when you ask your ensouling entity; from the spiritual Master, when you query him or her; and God, when you invoke Divine guidance.
When you receive information, your first task is to understand it. This process of understanding engages your intellect and your Illumined Mind (Buddhi). As you study new information, you add to your conceptual map of your own nature and the Path ahead of you. You keep revising this map, as you gather more information and have more experiences.
Whereas information layers on the thread of insight and understanding, which we call the Antakarana, experience occurs when you contact one of the ideas referenced in the information you have learned. You do this through focusing your attention, your attentional principle, or your spirit upon this idea.
Examples of these “ideas” you can experience include:
- The meaning of spiritual ideas or “seed thoughts”
- The content of inner vehicles of consciousness
- The inner centers of vehicles of consciousness, such as chakras
- The seed atom of a vehicle of consciousness
- The movement of energy in a vehicle of consciousness, such as Prana or Kundalini
- The array of vehicles of consciousness that your ensouling entity animates
- Your attentional principle
- Your spirit associated with your ensouling entity at the cutting edge of spirituality
- Your spirit in other domains
- Your ensouling entity at the cutting edge of spirituality
- One of your ensouling entities at another Octave of Being
- A personal integration center, such as the ego in the Conscious mind or the Self in the Metaconscious mind
- A Superconscious integration center, which we call a nucleus of identity
- A universal nexus of consciousness, such as the Holy Ghost at the entrance to the abode of the saints in the First Mesoteric Planetary Initiation, or the Supreme Light of Creation at the top of the Ideational Plane in the First Cosmic Initiation
- A form of the Divine, such as the Father God in the First Mesoteric Planetary Initiation, or Brahman in the First Cosmic Initiation
When you experience something, you gain a new perspective on the object of meditation you focus upon:
- You gain new information.
- You make new connections and correlations.
- You begin to fill in the missing pieces of the inner map of the Continuum you are building.
With each new experience, you gain insights, and begin to truly know the essence of the idea you have used to lead you to the object of meditation. So for example, you truly recognize what is your ego, what is the Self, or what is your attentional principle—you truly grasp the essence to which the idea or concept points you.
The next order of processing is Realization, or enlightenment. Realization means that you know something, because you are one with it:
- You know your Soul directly, because you are the Soul.
- You know your attentional principle directly, because you are the attentional principle.
- You know your spirit directly, because you are your spirit.
Realization is not description [information] or attentional union [experience]; it is identity. You know the essence because you are one with it.
As you progress upon the Path, you come to know the nodal points, Subplane and Plane markers, and the forms of the Divine that operate on each level, as your cutting edge ensouling entity actually traverses this terrain—you know each aspect of the Path, because you have taken each step upon it.
Q: What allows you to know what your ensouling entity has realized?
A: The key that allows you to release the Soul’s knowledge, to open its Buddhic capsule, is Samadhi. When you turn the four outgoing streams back to their core, there is an inner explosion of Realization that takes place: this is the Illumination that takes place during Samadhi.
We teach you how to generate Samadhi at the level of the Soul and each higher Octave of Realization in the Samadhi Week Program. Those who complete the Mudrashram® Advanced Course in Meditation are eligible to take this class.
So when you can achieve Atma Samadhi at the level of the Soul, you can extend this to higher Octaves of Being. This opens the full spectrum of Realization, which includes your Monad, Astral Soul, Supracosmic Soul, the Soul of the Bridge Path, and each of the ensouling entities of Transcendental Paths one to seven.
Q: What if I have difficulty in experiencing Samadhi?
A: Like any skill, it takes time to master it. If it is important to you, you will devote the time to reach Samadhi.
It won’t come instantly, but in time, you will get it. This will allow you to truly know and realize what you’ve opened on the Path. It won’t be conjecture or speculation; you will genuinely know.
Q: What happens if the ensouling entity I’m meditating upon has been liberated?
A: You’ll know the Source from which this ensouling entity has emanated—and the complete Path of the ensouling entity, from beginning to end. In this vortex of Creation from which your ensouling entity has originated, you will also intuit the other ensouling entities that dwell at that level, and their distance from the Source.
If you’ll reflect upon these three levels—information, experience, and Realization—you’ll be able to differentiate them. With practice, you will begin to be able to shift between them at will, when it is appropriate to operate at that level.