By George A. Boyd
Q: I was wondering if you would be able to tell me which abilities my Soul has on the Temple of Art Subplane? Also, you mentioned something in a previous talk about past-life abilities coming up. Do you have any idea what these could be, artistic or otherwise?
A: In one of the Mudrashram® Correspondence Course lessons, there is a listing of different art forms that are encountered in this Subplane of the Abstract Mind Plane. Perhaps even better than my doing a reading for you, however, would be for you to interface with your Soul and let it show you.
I would start by encountering each of these art forms. For example, you could go to a local museum to see paintings and sculptures, read a collection of poetry, listen to a variety of different types of music, or watch a show on dancing—or investigate these things through videos on the Internet. See if you experience a desire to express yourself in this way. The objective of this exercise is to trigger your native genius for art.
There are seven major ways you will uncover an artistic gift, or other ability your Soul has developed:
- Random or chance discovery – You discover the gift through coincidence or a serendipitous encounter. You stumble upon the gift. For example, I was talking to a friend in 1980, and our conversation turned to past lives. She asked me, “Who do you think I was in my past lives?” I responded, “you were this, you were this, and you were this…” I had this inner exact knowing that I had never realized I possessed. I have since concretized this gift as the ability to do past life readings for others, which I have done since 1983.
- Academic or vocational discovery – You take a class in school that lights you up inside, or you take a course at a vocational school or on the job training that makes you feel you were born to do this. I had this feeling when I took my first psychology class.
- Inquiry – You actively ask your Soul to show you its gifts and abilities. You establish a question and answer dialog with your Soul.
- Internal discovery – You meditate on the levels of your Superconscious mind and you encounter an archetypal form in the Temple of Art that represents your gift.
- Interest inventory – You take an interest and aptitude test to discover what interests you and what might be one of your strengths, where you might have existing skills and strengths. These tests are available online and at the counseling office of your local college.
- Asking for guidance and revelation – Here you might ask God to reveal your gifts. You could also go to a reader to tell you what these gifts are—someone who has the ability to recognize an archetypal form that represents a budding gift. I use this type of reading when I do my seed thoughts for meditation reading, for example.
- Spontaneous expression – Your Soul will just start doing the gift. For example, a visual artist will start obsessively doodling and drawing. A musician will start sounding out tunes on a piano or a guitar. A graphics artist will fool around with a graphics or paint program on their computer.
The sign you’ve kindled your artistic gift is that you’ll start imagining and thinking about what you want to create. You’ll find your unique artistic voice.
Past life abilities do not always have a place in your current life. Let’s say, for example, that you built outrigger canoes in a past life. You would have no place to use that skill in your current life. If you did go to the small island in Indonesia where you used this skill, the impressions of this skill might come back to you—you just wouldn’t have a use for it in modern Detroit, Michigan.
But other skills that you developed in past lives, you might continue to explore. For example, if you played a primitive three stringed instrument in a life you had in Africa, you might be attracted to play a guitar or vina in this life.
The Soul has a native genius. You bring out that genius through practicing the skill until you are proficient, and you develop a habit. Then you can innovate. Then you start gaining insights that enable you to do the skill at an advanced level. Finally, this gift becomes fully integrated into the Soul, and you can use this ability to express your Soul’s intent and vision fully.
There are many other areas that your Soul can express its gifts, in addition to artistic genres. Here are just a few examples:
- Military strategy
- Public service
- Diplomacy and negotiation
- Business management, sales, and entrepreneurship
- Meditation and stress reduction
- Martial Arts
- Scientific disciplines
- Medical and Healing Arts professions
- Psychic Intuitive Arts and Metaphysical Counseling
Ask your Soul to show you its gifts and abilities in the area of art and each other area in which it has gained proficiency in this and other lifetimes. Examine the zone it has opened so far—so if your Soul has opened the Biophysical Universe, the Abstract Mind Plane, the Psychic Realm, and the Wisdom Plane in the Planetary Realm, you would inquire as to which of your gifts you have activated so far in each band of the Continuum that your Soul has brought into the sphere of its opened consciousness.
Realize that many of these gifts may be in a rudimentary or incipient stage of development. But once you realize that the gift is there, you can begin to actively develop it.
Gifts do not normally spring into full bloom like Venus rising from the foam, but if you have either started them in your current life or a past life, you may have already developed some proficiency with this ability, and you will develop it from there. But other gifts, once you discover them and become aware that this ability is part of the repertoire of skills your Soul must use to enact its Purpose, you will start from the beginning—and with much study and practice, you will hone this raw talent into an instrument through which your Soul brings forward its clearest vision and deepest passion.