By George A. Boyd ©2020
Q: What is your opinion on Wim Wenders’ breathing method? It is supposed to enhance your immunity and make you more resilient to cold temperatures.
A: After having practiced the technique as he guided the audience during a televised interview, I was able to ascertain two things about his style of breathing:
- It appears to focus attention in the second third of the Body Mind Programming Subplane in the source of breathing. This center interfaces directly with the autonomic nervous system, so it is conceivable that with practice, someone could learn to control autonomic responses to cold.
- Some people may experience hyperventilation or even faint practicing sustained breathing in this fashion, e.g., thirty deep, full breaths followed by breath holding for thirty seconds—then repeat for three cycles, with longer breath holding on subsequent cycles.
Those who access this first band of the Abstract Mind Plane find this Subplane has three major sections.
The first third of the Body Mind Programming Subplane focuses on training your voluntary muscles to enhance performance in sports and dance. Visualization and self-hypnosis have been employed to improve an athlete’s or dancer’s functioning.
The second third interfaces with the autonomic nervous system, the “non-voluntary” operations of the tissues and organs. These layers include:
- Skin, hair, and nails
- Subcutaneous tissues and fat
- Connective tissue (ligaments and tendons)
- Circulatory system
- Lymph and immune system
- Endocrine glands
- Central and autonomic nervous system
- Life force driving breathing, heartbeat, circulation, peristalsis, brain wave rhythms, and resting muscle tone
Since breath is a voluntary function, breathing methods can be used to access layer 11. From this level, it is possible to give suggestion to layers 1 to 10 using hypnosis. Biofeedback and Autogenics™ taps this dimension, as do the visceral access channels of autohypnosis.
The last third of this Subplane enables you to direct the astral body. This ability can be broken down into eleven discrete competencies:
- Ability to move the astral body out of coincidence with the physical body
- Ability to move the astral body to a discrete location in the physical universe or an Astral Plane (astral projection, also called bi-location)
- Ability to have the astral body show you what it is seeing and hearing at this remote location (remote viewing)
- Ability to move the astral body through sold objects, e.g. passing through walls or into locked rooms
- Ability to use microscopic astral vision to view bacteria, viruses, molecules, atoms, and subatomic particles
- Ability to use macroscopic astral vision to view the entire earth, solar system, galaxy, and the entire physical universe
- Ability to sense the environment and inhabitants who dwell on Astral Planes
- Ability to sense the energy of life force from the Etheric Aura interpenetrating the physical body
- Ability to sense the energy of emotions from the Emotional Aura interpenetrating the physical body
- Ability to sense other’s thoughts from the Mental Aura interpenetrating the physical body
- Ability to sense the energy of another’s spiritual essence from the Spiritual Aura interpenetrating the physical body
Once your attention is established in the breath center through Wim Wender’s breath, you can lead your attention to access the astral abilities of the highest levels of the Body Mind Programming Subplane using the cooling breath (Sitali).
In this type of breathing you roll your tongue and breathe through it, breathing in and out through the mouth through the tongue tube, like you were breathing through a straw. As you do this breath, you will be drawn up to a point where this subtler breath appears to emanate.
If you focus in this place where this astral breath emanates, it will give you access to the control center where you can direct the astral body through higher-level auto-hypnotic suggestion. You can, through strong suggestion, command the astral body to carry out these eleven functions.
You can extend this breathing to unite your attention with the wave of the present time on the Akashic Records Subplane through using the hiss breath. Here you slightly curl your tongue and suck air into the center of your tongue. Listen to the hissing sound that your breath makes, and follow that current of energy upwards.
At the summit of this spire of breath, you will drop into the wave of the present time unfolding. When your reach this blissful moving wave, you will unite with the current of your Soul’s thought and intention that expresses in your life.
Wim Wenders’ breath method appears to be a tool to introduce people to this center where they can interface with the autonomic nervous system. With training and practice, it is conceivable you could learn to control functions that are normally not accessible through the voluntary muscles of the body, and practice healing autohypnosis.