Are you a Hatha yoga student or teacher who would like to learn more about meditation? RYTs, would you like to pick up some continuing education hours? This is your course!
This certification course leads to a certificate of completion, which RYT Hatha Yoga teachers can use for six non-contact hours of continuing education with the Yoga Alliance. It gives an overview of Yoga cosmology and how meditation fits into this framework. The course includes downloadable text and audio recordings of the class, plus bonus materials. Your certification is contingent upon passing a brief final exam.
What Does the Course Include?
The course has the following modules:
- What is meditation?
- What is the difference between meditation and prayer
- Benefits of meditation
- Meditation in the Yoga tradition
- Chakras of the Cosmic Body
- The Yogi Preceptor traditions and the possibility of transformation
- The Spiritual Body of the Astral Soul
- Meditation on the Cosmic Octave
- Introduction to the different types of meditation—you will learn nine types of meditation in this class.
- Advanced practices—this describes six additional types of meditation that are not taught in this course, but are components of Integral meditation and other initiatory traditions.These advanced methods include:
- Explanation of the Advanced Practices of Meditation (we teach these in our intermediate courses, the in-person Mudrashram® Master Course in Meditation and the by-mail and on-line Accelerated Meditation Program) with one experiential meditation
- Spiritual Meditation – Nada Yoga, Surat Shabd Yoga
- Movement of Consciousness Meditation – advanced Raja Yoga
- Experience of the the three steps of Raja Yoga – Guided Meditation
- Energy and Awareness Meditation – Kundalini meditation
- Transformation Meditation – Transformational mantra, Kriya Yoga
- Rebirth, Enlightenment, and Realization Methods
- Attunement Meditation – Agni Yoga, Light Immersion, Shaktipat
What Meditations Do I Learn in This Class?
You will learn nine different meditation styles:
- Breath Meditation
- Concentration Meditation
- Pathwork and chakra meditation
- Awakening meditation (the practice of Purusha Dhyan)
- Centering meditation (uniting with your empowered core)
- Intuitional meditation
- Invocational meditation
- Subconscious access meditation
Why Should I Take this Course?
You will want to take this course if:
- You want to understand the framework upon which Raja Yoga is founded and how meditation fits into that system.
- You want to learn to use meditations that will enhance your daily life.
- You want to prepare yourself for the more profound meditations that awaken and transform your deepest spiritual potentials.
- You would like to take an enjoyable course that will earn you some continuing education hours without paying a lot of money.
How Do I Become Certified?
There is a final exam that you can take at the end of the course. After you review the material, click the button that says take your final exam. Take your exam.
You must pass your multiple choice exam with a score of 75% or above. To get your certificate, you need to fill in the box below the final exam link with your name and email, so we know where to contact you and send your verification of hours [for RYTs] and/or your certificate of completion, for anyone who might like to have that for their records.
How do I enroll?
You can sign up here if you have not taken any webinars or classes with us previously. The cost of the course and your certification verification is US $89.00.
Those of you who already have a Mudrashram® dashboard login can sign up inside your member area under your order webinars tab. Click on the certification link to order.