By George A. Boyd © 2019
Q: Are there different types of Kundalini awakening?
A: There are three basic categories: (1) when someone else induces the Kundalini awakening in you, (2) when you use a technique to awaken it, and (3) when it awakens spontaneously. These three categories break down into seven major types:
- Volitional induced type – An Initiate uses a higher octave of will to awaken your Kundalini. Yogi Preceptors use the Cosmic Octave of will to raise your Kundalini into cosmic consciousness; Cosmic Masters tap this same octave of volition to fix it in the Astral Soul. Supracosmic Gurus employ the Supracosmic Octave of will to draw the Kundalini up to the Supracosmic seed atom on their Path, and in rare individuals, will anchor this energy in the Supracosmic Soul.
- Intentional induced type – An Initiate uses intention from their attentional principle to send forth the Light (Shakti) and anchors it in one of your higher spiritual essences. Yogi Preceptors make this attunement with your cosmic consciousness. Cosmic Masters attune with your Astral Soul. Supracosmic Gurus establish an attunement with either your Supracosmic seed atom on their Path, or your Supracosmic Soul, if it dwells within that Path.
- Short circuit imbalance type – As a result of moving a nucleus of identity—e.g., your cosmic consciousness or your Supracosmic seed atom—or an ensouling entity, such as the Astral Soul, out of alignment with the axis of being through a transformational technique, Kundalini becomes fixed in the essence that has been moved off the axis of being. We have also observed this misalignment taking place with spiritual essences in the Planetary Realm: the Psychic Seed Atom, or the Moon Soul or Solar Angelic nuclei of identity. When Initiates employ Light Immersion to transform a spiritual essence utilizing volitional and intentional attunements (types one and two), this type of Kundalini syndrome can be generated. Typically we see this type emerging when you use a transformational method such as bija mantra or Kriya Yoga; in rare cases, raising the Kundalini and engaging it to burn away karma behind a spiritual essence can produce this type of imbalanced spiritual development.
- Hyperventilative breathing induced type – As a result of using hyperventilative breathing methods for long periods of time—e.g., more than three minutes of practice—you can kindle your Kundalini to rise into your cosmic consciousness, your Astral Soul, or a selected Supracosmic seed atom. We have seen this type of Kundalini awakening occurring when people perform “re-birthing” style breathing, sustained breathing into chakras of the Cosmic or Supracosmic Sphere, or “breath of fire”—or similar forms of rapidly inflating and deflating the lungs. Osho’s dynamic meditations, and 3HO’s breathing methods, often done in synchrony with mantras, apply this strategy to awaken the Supracosmic seed atom of their Path; in susceptible individuals, they can precipitate a full-blown Kundalini syndrome, where the energy rises into a higher spiritual essence and you can no longer bring it down.
- Astral striking induced type – Through activating chakras of vehicles of consciousness on the Cosmic Astral, Cosmic Causal, and Cosmic Ideational Subplanes of the First Cosmic Initiation through the use of striking chakras with a mantramic syllable, Kriya Yoga Yogi Preceptors raise the Kundalini into the Divine Eye center. Other Yogi Preceptors use chakra-striking techniques to awaken your cosmic consciousness. Some Supracosmic Gurus awaken Kundalini into the Supracosmic seed atom of their Path through training their disciples to employ similar chakra-striking methods.
- Force Field of Shakti/ Purifying Fire Type – Some Yogi Preceptors, Cosmic Masters, and Supracosmic Gurus have the Divine Light Fire anchored in an inner center within them, and radiate this effulgence through their aura. Whoever enters their presence when this Holy Fire is burning within them (a) may have impressions in their unconscious mind purified, (b) may experience spontaneous emergence phenomena, or (c) may experience their Kundalini drawn up and fixed on a spiritual essence of the Cosmic or Supracosmic Sphere. Anointed Yogi Preceptors lift your Kundalini into your cosmic consciousness. Empowered Cosmic Masters raise it to your Astral Soul. Shakti-filled Supracosmic Gurus elevate your Kundalini to the Supracosmic seed atom of their Path.
- Soul induced spontaneous awakening type – In this type, your own ensouling entity draws your Kundalini up into its essence, using the octave of will established within it. We see this most commonly Subtle or Planetary Realms, where your transpersonal will operates lift the Kundalini to awaken each of your vehicles of consciousness of the Superconscious mind and bring it right up to its presence. In this variety of awakening, this octave of will keeps the Kundalini raised for an extended period of time, and does not permit you to ground this energy. If your cutting edge of spirituality is in higher octaves, you may experience a similar auto-chthonic process: the Monadic Will raising the Kundalini into the Monad; the Cosmic Will, into the Astral Soul; and the Supracosmic Will, into the Supracosmic Soul. The key marker of this type is your own Higher Self awakens the Kundalini within you; no external power induces your Kundalini awakening.
Types one, two and six are induced Kundalini types. They are activated through an empowered Initiate’s conation or presence. You do not experience these types of Kundalini awakening as being under your control.
Types three, four, and five are technique-driven types of awakening. You can kindle these through spiritual practice, utilizing techniques that actively awaken your Kundalini—and in the case of type three, concurrently transforming a spiritual essence. You experience these types as voluntary, in that the practices you perform can generate them. Once you have produced this Kundalini awakening, however, you may not be able to bring it back to ground.
Type seven is spontaneous awakening. This operates under the aegis of your ensouling entity. You also do not experience this as a voluntary process—your attention or attentional principle does not practice any technique to awaken the Kundalini; you encounter this awakening as a force that acts upon you from within.
When awakening your Kundalini Shakti leads to Kundalini syndromes that interfere with your ability to function, there are some general strategies that you can employ to ameliorate your symptoms and improve your functioning:
- Types one, two, and six require you to break your connection with the Initiate who inducing this syndrome in you—and when the connection has been severed—to bring your Kundalini back to the ground state.
- Type three calls for dynamic rebalancing or recapture through spiritual unfoldment at your cutting edge of spirituality. The Kundalini typically returns to ground after you have rectified the imbalance.
- Types four and five necessitate that you stop using whatever meditation techniques that are precipitating your syndrome, and practice grounding methods to bring your Kundalini back down again.
- Type seven involves you establishing a dialog with your Soul—or higher octave ensouling entity—that is generating the Kundalini syndrome, and getting it to agree to lower the Kundalini.
If you think you are having a Kundalini awakening, and you are having unwanted symptoms, you can contact us for a Kundalini Syndrome Reading. We can identify whether the Kundalini is playing any role in the symptoms you are experiencing, and discover which of these types of awakening is producing your syndrome. We can work with you to find strategies to ameliorate your distress, and teach you methods to assist you gain a greater sense of control over this energy.