By George A. Boyd © 2021
Q: How do thought streams influence others?
A: Thought streams are at the body of the Occult Hierarchy’s influence on humanity and the activity of Occult initiates. Thought streams may play a role in the adoption of conspiracy theories, and the hypnotic influence of cultic groups and leaders.
Thought streams have three parts:
Thought stream transmission occurs when it originates from a source; it becomes a field which others are immersed.
Thought stream reception takes three forms:
Ensouling entities are immersed in the field of the thought stream transmission; it surrounds them in the astral environment in which they dwell, which we call the Plenum.
The spirit or the attentional principle may receive a telepathic impress from the thought stream transmission; they may feel it is important enough to implement.
The ego receives the communication of the thought stream through a verbal or visual means; the content of the thought stream may contain material that activates the emotionalized contents of the personal unconscious and motivates fear, worry, or anger. This level of message may stir others to take action on the message.
Thought stream implementation is a spectrum ranging from no implementation to complete dedication of life and mind.
- Notices content of the thought stream message, but does not enact it
- Thinks about the ideas of the thought stream message, but does not enact them
- Forms an emotional reaction to the ideas conveyed in the thought steam message, and may communicate them to others; they may argue with others in an attempt to change their beliefs; judges others are wrong if they don’t believe the content of the thought stream message
- Changes behavior based on the ideas of the thought stream message; may make new choices
- Generates rules, policies, or laws based on the thought stream message
- May attempt to actively influence and convert others to believe in the ideas of the thought stream message through giving talks, interviews, writing articles and blog posts, authoring books, or disseminating these ideas through social media
- Dedicates one’s life and resources to living the ideas of the thought stream message and spreading this message to others
Sources of Thought Streams
In Advanced Webinar 28, we describe the role of the thought streams emerging from the Occult Hierarchy as follows:
“When we study the Occult Hierarchy, and look at the work of the Occult Adepts and higher Occult Initiates, we find that Occult Adepts of certain degrees upon each of the Seven Rays are responsible for certain “projects” that are carried out in humanity. Some of these projects seem relatively benign; some bring great evil in their wake.”
“Each of these projects engages groups of Soul Sparks, who are carried on its powerful magnetic thought forces to enact its commands and suggestions. In some of these projects, the aim is to empower and liberate the free will of Soul Sparks from the influences that attempt to restrain their pleasure and their freedom; in other projects, certain individuals may be raised to the heights of worldly power, and enabled to rule over others with an iron fist.”
Other sources of thought streams—as we described in the article, “Levels of Thought that Impact Human Life”—include:
- Intuitive impressions from the Psychic Realm
- The voice of Wisdom
- Revelation of truths from the Revelatory Mind of the Holy Spirit
- The voice of the Mighty I AM Presence
- Ministerial thought, reflection on seed thoughts
- Illumined Mind, downpour of knowledge
- Attunement – intention driven thought to produce purification, healing, emotional release, counsel, and guidance, illumination and revelation, and initiation, imbued with the Divine Light
- Soul Realization (Enlightenment) – the experience of the Soul beyond thought
While many thought streams are neutral or even positive—many thought streams that come from the Lower Astral Plane, that convey conspiracy theories, or that entrap people in the toxic belief systems of spiritual cults, hate groups, or terrorist bands—are not.
If a thought steam is negatively impacting you, and you are beginning to act under its influence, there are several things you can do.
What You Can Do
There are seven key steps for dealing with thought stream influences. These include:
- Become aware that the thought stream is influencing you.
- Notice specifically how the thought stream is affecting your choices, your thinking, your values, your beliefs, your emotions, and your actions.
- Decide if you want to continue to act under its spell. If you decide you want to free yourself from its influence, you need to make the choice to walk away.
- Actively inventory how the thought stream is affecting your choices, your thinking, your values, your beliefs, your emotions, and your actions—and explore your alternate options.
Draw a line on a sheet of paper to divide it into two columns.
On the left hand side, write down the verbatim content you have learned as part of the thought stream’s influence on your life and your mind.
On the right side, write down what you can choose, think, believe, feel, or do instead.
- Extract yourself from involvement with the group that disseminates this material:
- Get off their mailing list or email list.
- Cancel your account on the social media platform that distributes this material, or un-friend them on Facebook.
- Stop listening to radio shows or podcasts that promulgate these messages. Stop watching television programs or Internet videos that spread these views.
- Do not go to their lectures or meetings.
- Avoid contact with the people in your life who share these distorted messages; if you cannot avoid contact, assertively tell them that you do not want to hear about these topics anymore
- Commit to the alternate options you identified in step four. Live intentionally, mindfully, and thoughtfully. Identify who you are and what is your purpose for living, and align your choices, thoughts, beliefs, and actions with your authentic Self.
- Continue to monitor whether you are still acting under the influence of the thought stream messages in some aspect of your life, and root out these beliefs, so you can free yourself from any residual impressions from this source.
Those of you who have been acting under the hypnotic spell of these thought streams for a long time are impacted in a similar manner to someone who has been involved in a religious cult. We invite you to explore our Cult Recovery Coaching Program if this immersion in these thought stream influences has adversely affected your life. You may learn more about the dynamics operating in cultic groups in our book, Religions, Cults, and Terrorism: What the Heck Are We Doing?