By George A. Boyd © 2014
There are seven elements that allow you to gain value from the Mudrashram® teachings. These include:
- Theory – Learn what a practice is and why we do it.
- Technique – Learn how to practice the technique correctly.
- Practice – Use the technique in your daily life to work on personal issues, or to activate and unfold your spiritual potentials
- Create meaning – Reflect upon your experiences in meditation. Capture these insights in a journal. Creatively express these insights as writing, poetry, song, or visual art.
- Integration and transformation – Notice the changes that occur to your personally and spiritually as a result of doing these practices.
- Share – Tell your friends about the value you receive from the teachings, so others may benefit from them.
- Advance – Take our available advanced training classes—for example, the Mudrashram® Advanced Course in Meditation is the next training step after completing one of our intermediate courses. Read our books. Study the Mudrashram® Correspondence Course and the Satsang Program Home Study Course.
We encourage you to get the maximum value from our teachings through incorporating these seven elements into your personal and spiritual life.
Challenges and Mastery of Your Faculties
In beginning your practice, you will face three major challenges. These are language, navigation, and discernment.
Language – the challenge of language is to understand what essences our words describe.
Navigation – the challenge of navigation is to locate and put your attention on each spiritual essence—your attentional principle, your spirit, and your Soul, a nucleus of identity, or a vehicle of consciousness—and do your spiritual work there.
Discernment – the challenge of discernment is to identify what is the content and the edge of a vehicle of consciousness, what comprises your sphere of consciousness, and what are the markers of a focal point, a nodal point, Subplanes, Planes, and Divisions along the Great Continuum of Consciousness.
After you have overcome these initial obstacles, your next objective will be to gain the four masteries over your inner faculties. These four masteries include:
Inner sensing – this is the ability to see, hear, and feel in your inner vehicles of consciousness
Intuition – this is the ability to access correct, valuable inner guidance from your Soul
Heart travel – this is the ability to travel in full consciousness as the spirit though the inner channels of the Nada
Attunement – this is the ability to travel within as the attentional principle, contact a spiritual Master, receive the Light, and send the Light to others
We give you the keys to understand spiritual terminology, traveling to discrete levels of the Continuum, discerning the levels of the Superconscious mind, developing inner sensing, connecting with your intuition, traveling as the spirit in the channels of the Nada, and learning to make attunements in our intermediate courses, the in-person Mudrashram® Master Course in Meditation and the by-mail and online Accelerated Meditation Program—so if you have not yet begun to study with us, this is where you will learn the core techniques and understanding to overcome the challenges and progressively master the inner work of meditation.
For those of you who have never meditated or have had not had success in meditation may wish to begin with our Introduction to Meditation program, which prepares you to make the big step up into our intermediate courses.
Actualizing Your Potentials
Once you have begun to gain mastery over these four faculties, you will begin to actualize six of the seven types of potential. The first type of potential—genetic—is achieved through control over your diet, minimizing ingestion of toxins and environmental poisons, breathing, sunlight, and exercise. Meditation supports and augments the other six potentials, which include:
- Physical (athletic) – achieving optimal performance for your body in your selected sport, exercise routine, martial arts, hatha yoga, or dancing
- Academic – optimal learning, reaching the most advanced education with your innate intelligence
- Emotional – optimal expression of native empathy (emotional intelligence), caring, and compassion
- Mental (creative) – optimal actualization of the talents within the layers of your mind; expression of your inner abilities and gifts in career, hobby, or as volunteer service
- Mental (psychic and intuitive) – optimal activation of the inner senses to see, hear, and feel with crystal clarity and accuracy; ability to access intuitive knowledge for self-guidance and wise counsel for others
- Spiritual – optimal unfoldment of the ensouling entity, spirit, and vehicles of consciousness to the greatest extent possible, with full actualization of the Soul’s love, wisdom, and power
As your actualize your potentials, you will experience the most fulfilling life. This is the one of the great gifts of meditation.