Meditation on the Departed: Is It Possible and Verifiable?
By George A. Boyd ©2017
[Our special thanks to DB for submitting these questions.]
Q: “Current family conditions are shaped by past events, but the “why” often remains opaque becoming yet more veiled as loved ones leave the earthly scene. Sadly, the dust of time invariably obscures family history leaving questions unanswered, issues open, a lack of resolution and understanding. Can a verifiable, scientific approach be drawn to teach students methodologies for reaching “across the divide?”
A: To contact an individual on the Higher Planes after their death requires that the person who is doing the reading have the ability to clearly perceive the attentional principle, spirit, and Soul of the individual.
A scientific approach requires that there is an empirical verification for the subject matter that is studied: there alas, are no instruments to reliably detect the three conscious principles within a human being. We can however, follow scientific rigor in approaching this topic.
We would first have you examine the layers at which you interface with the dead:
- Neurological – At this level, we can detect certain clusters of nerve cells fire when you are thinking about your departed loved one.
- Memory – During the period directly after the death of your loved one, as you process your grief, these memories arise unbidden through the preconscious doorway.
- Astral imagination – As you travel in your astral body in the state of dreams or hypnosis, you may encounter dream images constructed from your wishes and hopes. You may find that these “thought forms” may speak with you, advise you, or have discussions with you. Since you create these thought forms from distilling your experience with your departed loved one over your lifetime, this creation is your perception of the loved one. [Psychotherapy may have you interact with these thought forms of your loved ones to help you integrate your experience with them during your life, and clear your feelings about them after their passing.]
- Contact with their spirit – if you are in a silent place in the presence of your loved one’s cremains or grave, you may tap into the silent etheric bridge that connects the atomic residue of your loved one’s former body with their spirit through the Akashic Aether. Those who visit cemeteries, where there is the chance to commune with their spirit, may distinctly sense the presence of their spiritual heart, and may actually receive answers when you ask your loved one questions.
- Visit on the Higher Planes – When you are able to travel in full consciousness as your attentional principle, you may visit the actual astral environment in which they dwell. Here your attentional principle, clothed in its astral or causal covering, encounters your loved one’s attentional principle, in their astral or causal covering. You may witness the environment in which they dwell (astral world) and the objects in that environment. You may witness the inhabitants on this astral planet who may come into your perception. You can distinctly see your loved one’s form. You can hear your loved one’s voice. You can feel his or her emotions palpably. [This is the level at which you do a departed loved ones reading.]
- Contact with your loved one’s Soul – at this level, you can see out-pictured, the likely scenario for your loved one’s next incarnation. You can even get details about that future life at this level: gender, physical location where incarnation will occur, and some keynotes of the future life, including potential career and any issues they will work on. [This is also included in a departed loved one’s reading.]
- Contact with the Jet of Divine Spirit above the Soul – Attunement through this center allows advanced disciples and Initiates to lift individuals who are “earthbound” into the Light and up into the presence of the Soul. Highly advanced disciples who have made significant progress outside of the cutting edge of spirituality may utilize this attunement to lift the attentional principle into the presence of the nucleus of identity, spirit, or ensouling entity that is developed at this Higher Octave of Being.
Those who have developed their ability to see clearly with their attentional principle can be trained to access levels five and six, which allows you to both commune with your loved one on the higher Planes and also to envision their future incarnation.
You will need to identify the Plane on which your loved one’s attentional principle dwells, and take the Seventh Ray Raja Yoga pathway to travel to the dimensional world in which they dwell.[We train you in traveling as your attentional principle on each of the Seven Ray pathways in our Mudrashram® Advanced Course in Meditation. You become eligible to take this class after completing one of our intermediate meditation programs, the in-person Mudrashram® Master Course in Meditation or the by-mail and online Accelerated Meditation Program.]
Q: “Are there methods to ensure that one is contacting the intended [individual]?”
A: If you are able to genuinely silence the projective stream from the unconscious, while you are in communion with your loved one, you can receive clear and cogent answers. You must be able to recognize your loved one’s Soul and spirit to ensure that you are not visiting some one else’s departed relative.
Q: “[How might we know if their] answers are legitimate?”
A: You must be able to discern the difference between the thought form at the astral imagination stage and the actual presence of your loved one’s attentional principle, spirit, and Soul. If you are able to contact your loved one in their actual immortal essence, your experience will be genuine and unmistakable.
Q: “What preemptive steps are necessary to ensure safety—that we don’t draw unwanted [spiritual entities] to us that then insist upon staying?”
A: If your loved one dwells in the Subtle Realm, it will be important for you to create the Armor of Light to protect you against the negative thought streams of the Lower Astral. If you do opt to travel to commune with your loved one, you must not allow yourself to enter a state of passivity or a trance state, which can open the doorway to potential possession scenarios or encounter with entities that may have nefarious intentions.
Q: “Is it advisable? Is it of wide enough interest? Is it better to leave our ancestors [rest in peace]?”
A: The interest in these readings is widespread, and there are many who ostensibly provide them—with varying levels of accuracy and validity. Many of these readings are products of the reader’s lively astral imagination, and probably do not actually contact one of the three immortal essences of their clients’ departed loved ones.
Q: When is it appropriate to do these readings?
A: If you have the requisite inner metavisional clarity, you can do these readings to help yourself finish your grief work and clear any unfinished business or unspoken communications that you have not been able to resolve with your loved one. Only if you have been given the service of doing these readings for others should you attempt to do them for others. Recognize that as a reader, someone who does not know your client’s loved one, you may misinterpret what you are told or shown, and you may unwittingly provide information that is incorrect by misunderstanding the context of a communication you receive.
It is best that you establish your own contact with departed loved ones, as you know them best, and would not introduce the same error as a reader who does this reading for you.
We suggest that you let the departed have their experience unmolested: your only rationale for making contact at all will be for you to finish your grief work. If you do not have the clarity of inner vision to do a reading on your departed loved one, you can work with a skilled psychotherapist or hypnotherapist who can help you work out your issues at the level of the astral thought forms, or you can have a silent dialog with your departed loved ones at the cemetery or shrine where they are interred or their cremains are kept.