By George A. Boyd © 2015
Many people have had the odd experience of thinking of someone, only to have them call or show up at the door. These experiences, however, are seemingly random, and cannot be easily controlled.
A few intrepid individuals refine this gift, and they can turn on and off the gift of telepathy at will. Once they have progressed beyond the first stage of hearing and feeling the thoughts of others, they may expand their abilities to specialize in one or more level(s) of telepathy. We further divide these six bands of telepathic communication into zones of spiritual telepathy and practical telepathy.
Spiritual telepathy aims to capture wisdom and guidance for the Soul, to understand metaphysical truths, and to learn about the mysteries of spirituality.
Practical telepathy aims to comfort the living, to deal with episodes of haunting, and to assist others to communicate and make their wishes known, when they are otherwise unable to do so.
Spiritual telepathy includes levels five to seven:
- At level 7 telepathy, you are able to contact spiritual Masters.
- At level 6, you can commune with Angels, or with gods and goddesses.
- At level 5, you communicate with “Alien intelligences,” “old souls,” or departed historical figures.
Practical telepathy has four levels:
- At level 4, you are able to get into touch with the spirits of the departed, relatives or friends who have died
- At level 3, you can become aware of earthbound spirits or ghosts, and mentally tune into them
- Level 2 telepathy enables you to give a voice to children, or mentally ill or disabled people, who cannot speak or otherwise communicate their needs, wishes, or experiences.
- At level 1, your telepathic gift awakens, and you have initial experiences of hearing and feeling others’ thoughts.
Telepathy combines three functions:
- Subtle sensing – those with this gift may have inner impressions of sight, sound, and touch; some may even receive smell and taste impressions
- Empathic emotional connection – those with this gift feel that they can enter the private or sacred space of another and commune with their inner essence
- Intuitive thought reception – this modality enables the telepath to hear others’ thoughts and feel others’ wishes
Those who have the telepathic gift may receive information from all three channels in varying amounts, depending on whom they are trying to contact. Some psychics with this gift may have much stronger affinity with one of these modalities, and it may predominate for them; others may have a more balanced reception on all three channels.
There are a variety of ways that people receive telepathic impressions from others. These include:
- Placing their attention upon the spirit, attentional principle, or Soul of another – This places a telepath directly in the thought and intentional stream of another. They report what they hear. They must enter a state of trance to access this information.
- Encountering the astral body of another – The telepath can travel on the inner Planes as the attentional principle or the spirit and behold the astral body of another. Those with the faculty of inner seeing awakened can see the changing colors of the aura of the astral body of another, which gives a visual reference of their emotions, as they are experiencing them. Those who have the faculty of inner hearing awakened can distinctly hear the thoughts of another, as if the other were speaking to them. This type is commonly used for to work with another person for practical telepathy purposes. This also requires that the telepath enter a state of meditative absorption to receive this information.
- Receiving intuition from their Higher Self – In this type, the telepath may ask their own Higher Self what the other person is thinking and feeling, and it reports back this information. In some cases, the telepath’s Higher Self bridges or connects with the Higher Self of the other individual, and “channels” their thoughts and intentions. This type can be done while the telepath’s attention is in the waking state of awareness.
- Numinous encounter – This type of telepathic reception occurs when the attentional principle or spirit communes with the inner spiritual form of a spiritual being: a departed individual, entities of the Psychic Realm, angels, gods and goddesses, and the guide forms of Masters. This type is able to gather information from levels 3 to 7, and is primarily used for spiritual telepathy. This requires a deeper stage of meditative absorption than communing with the astral body of another person.
- Akashic Records replay – This type of telepathic gift is found in those who do past life readings. They hear the thoughts and wishes of other individuals as these are recorded on the Akashic Aether, or Resonance Aether. This type of telepathic reception can be done in one of two ways: (a) they receive this information intuitively, and they can do so in their waking awareness; or (b) they travel onto the Aether with their attentional principle, and report what they see and hear—this requires they enter into an altered state of awareness. For not only actions and words are recorded here, but also the resonance of thoughts and intentions—those who are very sensitive and still can detect them.
- Intimations of the Holy Spirit or the Light – Some telepaths invoke the Holy Spirit, which grants them the gift of knowledge—to know the motivations, thoughts, and intentions of others. These telepaths feel that the Divine Presence overshadows them, and it performs the reading of the other person’s thoughts and intentions. This type can be performed in the waking state, though many who receive this Divine unction feel that they are “caught up into the Spirit”—e.g., are lifted into an altered state of awareness.
- Using a representational or projective modality to discern others’ thoughts and intentions – These telepaths use a projective modality to focus their empathic sensing of another. For example, a tarot card reader might use the projective modality of the two of cups card to indicate that the querent has issues in the area of intimate relationship. As the reader contemplates this card and feels the essence of the other person, he or she may distinctly hear the thoughts and wishes of the other person in this area. This type of telepathic reception occurs in a light state of trance, where the reader can focus completely on the evocative image.
Those with the telepathic gift may receive information from the other individual at different strata of the Higher Mind. These layers of global intuitive prehension can include:
- At the neurological level, thoughts produce a distinct electrical signal distributed to discrete neuronal pathways. Those electrical signals sent to certain pathways in the brain can, for example, evoke memories, activate logical reasoning circuits, recall spatial environments, or generate action.
- At the subatomic level, these electrical cascades present different patterns. Some psychics may be able to recognize these patterns.
- On the Information Aether, they present as the numerical and symbolic data of mathematics, as visual and graphic arrays, as letters in written communication, as words in spoken communication, as analog spectrum representations, or as digital data.
- On the Resonance Aether, the quiet resonance of thought can be heard.
- On the Life Force Aether, thoughts can be seen to be conveyers of the Life Force.
- On the Desire Aether, which is the abode of the Law of Attraction, thoughts can be seen to either attract or repel desired outcomes. Sensitive individuals tapping into this level can notice why people continue to attract conditions that cause them misery and unhappiness.
- On the Thought Form Aether, thoughts appear as animated three-dimensional forms. The psychic who taps into this level may actually see the thoughts of another portrayed as little cartoon characters, or subpersonalities, which give specific information about the querent’s issues.
Upon reflection, it appears that, at whatever levels individuals express their telepathic gift, whatever means they use to activate their gift, and what strata of the mind they tap to make the invisible force of thought tangible—telepathy will remain enigmatic and mysterious; slightly outside of the respectable threshold of science; well-established in the realm of mystics, psychics, and dreamers; regarded with skepticism and wonder—and will persist in the human psyche, whether we believe it is valid or not.
Those who wish to know more about the mechanics of activating their telepathic gift will value from taking our Psychic Powers Workshop, which is available in our Public Webinar series. We also recommend that you acquire the book, The Psychic Realm: Finding Safe Passage through the Worlds of Illusion, which you can order on our Mudrashram® Publishing website.