Are you a Hatha yoga student or teacher who would like to learn more about meditation? RYTs, would you like to pick up some continuing education hours? This is your course!
What Does this Course Cover?
This course includes articles and audio recordings, guiding you in meditation and going over the content of each module
- What is meditation?
- What is the difference between meditation and prayer?
- What are the benefits of meditation?
- Meditation in the Yoga Tradition
- The Spiritual Body of the Astral Soul
- Meditation on the Cosmic Octave
- Introduction to the Different Types of Meditation – You learn these meditations in the class:
- Mindfulness – Vipassana
- Breath Meditation – Watching the Breath
- Concentration Meditation – Samatha and Tratakam
- Pathwork – Meditation on the Chakras
- Awakening meditation – Using meditation to activate a conscious essence
- Centering Meditation – Reflection and Dis-identification Exercise
- Intuitional Meditation – The Little Sun Method
- Invocational Meditation – Chanting and Prayer
- A Primer on Chanting – experience of five different chants and where they take your attention
- Subconscious Access Meditations – Using Affirmation
- Spiritual Meditation – Nada Yoga, Surat Shabd Yoga
- Movement of Consciousness Meditation – Raja Yoga
- Experience of the the three steps of Raja Yoga – Guided Meditation
- Energy and Awareness Meditation – Kundalini meditation
- Transformation Meditation – Transformational mantra, Kriya Yoga
- Rebirth, Enlightenment, and Realization Methods
- Attunement Meditation – Agni Yoga, Light Immersion, Shaktipat
When Do I Need this Course?
- If you want an overview of the available meditation practices and when they are used.
- If you want to understand the context of meditation from which your hatha yoga practice derives.
- When you wish to gain some continuing education hours to maintain your certification.
How Do I Become Certified?
There is a final exam that you can take at the end of the course. After you review the material, click the button that says take your final exam. Take your exam.
You must pass your multiple choice exam with a score of 75% or above. To get your certificate, you need to fill in the box below the final exam link with your name and email, so we know where to contact you and send your verification of hours [for RYTs] and/or your certificate of completion, for anyone who might like to have that for their records.
OK, I want to do this course. How do I sign up?
Go to the the Public Membership page.
Click on the submit button.
If you have not already registered for membership, a log in screen will pop up. If you get that screen and you don’t already have a password, you will need to register, by filling out the registration form. This will give you access to the secure payment area and create your own dashboard page.
If you’ve already registered—by previously signing up for any webinar, class, or coaching or certification program—just enter your log-in information.
Once you pay for the course, it will be added to your dashboard under Your Webinars. Select Public webinars on the drop down menu under this menu tab, and this course—and any other pubic webinars you’ve purchasded—will be there.