By George A. Boyd © 2020
Q: Many people seem to be locked into particular spiritual perspectives? What holds them there?
A: It is important to understand seven major substrates of identity. These appear to nest in seven discrete layers. The first four are your embodied expressions of your innate spiritual makeup—they are the innate expressions of your ensouling entity that dwells at the cutting edge of spirituality. The last three appear in those who ascend to the Bridge Path in the seventh stage of spiritual development—these are stages of the advanced disciple and Initiate in Mudrashram®.
- Emotional identity – These are the issues of destiny karma. They are the expressions of the personal unconscious that appear as the patterns of everyday unresolved life problems, recalcitrant emotional issues, and out-of-control habits and addictions.
- Integrated ego – These are you identified roles and ambitions. At this layer, you organize your life, and create a personal narrative to describe what you are doing and give reasons why you are doing it.
- Self – This is the core of your personality, which controls the activity of your Metaconscious, Subconscious, and Conscious mind through volition. This makes choices between alternatives, and plans for your future. At this station, you take charge of the direction your life takes. Coaching intervention aims to empower this aspect in you.
- Soul – This is your spiritual core that has come into Creation to carry out a mission, and aligns you with a purpose for your life. It expresses its gifts and genius in your life.
- Form of Mastery – Those who elect the Teacher Empowerment track on the Bridge Path empower the Form of the Disciple, which enables them to teach the Mudrashram® Master Course in Meditation; and the Mahatma form, which allows them to teach the Mudrashram® Advanced Course in Meditation.
- Multiplane Master Development – Those on the Teacher Empowerment track develop a form of Multiplane Mastery on Adi Sat Guru Desh. They are able to send forth an ensouling entity and vehicles of consciousness appropriate to the Ray of Mastery that they are developing.
- Adi Sat Guru – Upon completion of the form of Multiplane Mastery, the essence of the Adi Sat Guru dwells in his or her true form on the highest levels of the Bridge Path, on T6, or on T7.
Between layer four and five, some spiritual practices create an intervening layer of identity. For example, certain groups may awaken a nucleus of identity, an ensouling entity outside the cutting edge of spirituality, or the spirit in a domain outside the current station of the ensouling entity on the Path.
This intervening layer introduces an alternate state of perception and identity outside the innate makeup of the cutting edge ensouling entity. These become an alternate fulcrum of expression in the world at layer four, and largely supplant your native spiritual essence. This identification can be anchored in a nucleus of identity, an ensouling entity, or a spirit.
The pathway to this perceptual re-identification appears to follow seven steps:
- Introduction to this alternate state of identification through exposure to media – You can learn about this state though reading, audio, video, or a public lecture or seminar.
- First internal encounter – Through a guided meditation, you unite your attention with this essence and recognize it within you.
- Creation of desire for further union and transformation – Those who advocate that you develop this spiritual essence attempt to convince you of the value of remaining in union with that essence, and developing it along its track towards its origin. They may attempt to proselytize you through inspired discourse, sermons, or preaching.
- Initiation (Diksha) – You learn techniques to enable you to voluntarily re-unite your attention with this essence. In traditions that advocate you transform this essence along this track, they also teach you transformational techniques.
- Perceptual change – Through using these techniques you experience movement of this essence along its track through transformation. This changes your perception of the world and your sense of identity. It heightens the perspective of this essence relative to your innate perception of layers one to four.
- Derealization – With further transformation, a shift takes place where only the viewpoint of this essence seems real, and the perceptions of layers one to four appear to be illusory.
- Emissary of the Path – With advanced development of this spiritual essence, you act to help others discover this essence, identify with it, and ultimately transform it along this track. You may advocate for this reunification, grant initiation, describe the path to others, lead others to perceive that this essence is the ultimate reality, and assist them to advance upon the Path. You may assume the role of teacher, guide, and initiator for those who come to the Path.
Turning this inner dial of perception through transformation places this intervening layer between the innate embodied expression of the Soul (layers one through four)—and for those who have ascended into the seventh stage of spirituality—the advanced disciple’s and Initiate’s ministry (layers five through seven).
There are two major ways that this imposition of an intervening layer can be rectified:
- Rebalancing – You bring the essence back into alignment with the axis of being and fill in karma behind it, so it is no longer out of alignment. We use this process called dynamic rebalancing to ameliorate the symptoms of Kundalini syndromes, when aspirants have unintentionally triggered a Kundalini emergency through moving an essence off of the axis of being.
- Liberation – In this scenario, we assist you to transform this essence to its origin, which dissolves this intervening layer. When this drops out, only your native embodied layers (one through four)—and the advanced layers (five through seven) that those who reach the seventh stage of spiritual development access and activate.
Those who have been initiated into more than one Cosmic, Supracosmic, or Transcendental Path may need rebalance or liberate more than one intervening layer. These would be done one at a time until there are no more intervening layers, and only the native constellation remains.
We note that imbalances can also be introduced in the Subtle and Planetary Realms through awakening selected seed atoms or nuclei of identity, and then moving that center along its track. These types of imbalances typically rectify if you are unfolding your Soul at the cutting edge of spirituality: at a certain level, these wayward centers are re-captured and re-integrated into the axis of being.
Recapture is an option for those who have misaligned nuclei of identity in the Cosmic Sphere—particularly cosmic consciousness in the First Cosmic Initiation and cosmic soul awareness in the Second Cosmic Initiation. Opening of seed atoms on Supracosmic and Transcendental Paths, however, will typically have to be liberated to remove the intervening perceptual layers they introduce.
Q: Could you describe what different methods are used to rectify these imbalances for those who are locked in these states of awareness?
A: These are specific methods that can be utilized to rectify these imbalances and to break the hypnotic identification with these levels:
- Dynamic rebalancing – This method, which Initiates operating at layers six and seven can employ, involves moving dormant karma from upstream of where the imbalance has been generated, and filling in behind it. This effectively places the wayward center back into alignment with the axis of being again. As we have described above, this is typically applied when working with those who have Kundalini syndromes that stem from vehicular imbalances.
- Voluntary transformation – This imparts a transformational technique that unfolds that essence to liberation. Initiates at the Mahatma level and above can identify and convey this method to the aspirant, who can then voluntarily unfold this essence until it is liberated.
- Bodhisattva Project – Those established at layer six, who are developing their form as a Multiplane Master, has the ability to progressively liberate the spiritual essence in conjunction with development of one of the Rays of their Form as a Multiplane Master.
- Re-anchoring into the Soul – This method entails disidentifying with this essence and re-identifying with the Soul and its innate embodied expression. When the imbalance is not too severe and there is no Kundalini activation that locks attention to into this altered state of awareness, this method can be utilized. This is one of the major strategies that exit counselors—those who work to bring people out of cults through psychotherapy or pastoral counseling—exercise to get people back into touch with their authentic spirituality again.
- Transcending the intervening layer – This method guides an individual’s attention to move beyond the identity state of the intervening layer of perception and lifts it into a higher octave of being, where this intervening layer can be viewed objectively. This is possible for those who have reached the sixth stage of spirituality, where their cutting edge is anchored in the Transcendental Sphere—or the seventh stage, where they dwell on the Bridge Path, T6, or T7. These advanced disciples can view these intervening layers that have been activated in the Subtle, Planetary, Cosmic, and Supracosmic bands of the Great Continuum with detachment—this transcendent viewpoint is called Vairagya.
- Personal confinement – This strategy stops all meditation and keeps your attention within the confines of the personality. Through keeping attention grounded in this fashion, these higher states of awareness are delegated to the background, and decrease in their relative influence. With sufficient time, these altered states become a distant memory, and no longer plays a role in influencing values, beliefs, or behavior. [The root teacher of the Mudrashram® lineage had me adopt this posture to enable me to normalize my personality functioning and reground in my innate spirituality. See the article, “My Spiritual Journey” for more information on how this strategy was implemented in my life.]
- Grace-Bestowing Liberation – This method uses Light Immersion with shepherding of the spirit to lead the misaligned spiritual essences of others to liberation. An Initiate established in layer six or seven typically directs this Light of Translation to the spirit on a Transcendental Path. This method is usually reserved for those who have attained advanced stations on a Transcendental Path—intervening layers embedded in the Transcendental Sphere can be especially tenacious without this intervention from those established in Adi Sat Guru Desh.
We suggest you study the first four layers that make up your innate spirituality that is embodied in your human life. It will be beneficial for you to seek to understand the perceptual shifts that using transformational meditation outside the cutting edge of spirituality can produce.
You may also wish to inquire, if you have been initiated into one or more spiritual groups—and you have experienced a perceptual and identity shift as a result—how this shift has affected your ability to embrace and embody your innate human and transpersonal experience, anchored in layers one through four.
Q: What changes might mark having a perceptual and identify shift?
A: There are several markers we could tease out that might suggest to you that this re-identification has occurred:
- You regard your life and personality as unreal (depersonalization).
- The world appears to be unreal or dream-like (derealization).
- You no longer feel your feelings as a human being—they are numb or deadened (dissociation).
- It appears that you no longer cause your behavior, emotions, and thoughts—they appear to arise independently—and you no longer sense you have a human personality integration center, either ego or Self, which directs them.
- You experience that a universal Voidness or Ocean of Being is the One Reality, and anything other than this universal nexus appears to you as an illusion.
- You perceive that you are a spiritual essence—nucleus of identity, spirit, or ensouling entity—upon a discrete track across the Continuum to an apparent origin from which this essence came forth. You no longer have desire for any personal achievement; attaining this spiritual objective is the only thing that matters to you.
- You regard others in their spiritualized form, and your relationships with others are based on beholding them as the spiritual essence with which you identify. If you were identified with cosmic consciousness, for example, you might see cosmic consciousness in other people, as being their true spiritual essence—and you would relate to them on that platform.
- You find it difficult to return to your waking state of consciousness. Your attention seems fixed or fused in the spiritual essence with which you identify.
If you recognize these markers in yourself, it may indicate that you have moved into steps five and six on the scale of perceptual re-identification. We suggest you read the article on our website, “The Cutting Edge of Spirituality,” which will explicate the progression of imbalance and the markers that arise at each stage.