By George A. Boyd ©2021
Q: How is it that people who accelerate their spiritual progress through some type of transformational technique will still experience issues in their life?
A: For the standpoint of the Planetary Adept, who transcends each of the potential lives in the Subtle and Planetary Realm, there are the archetypes of these lives, which span from just beyond the gateway of the Superconscious mind in the Subtle Realm to the Flame of Compassion at the top of the Fourth Planetary Initiation.
Each of these lives is comprised of seven layers:
- Physical body – This is the vehicle of expression for the issues of life.
- Ego – This is the personal identification center that experiences being embedded in that life.
- Life narrative – This is the layer of life experience that dwells on the temporal mnemonic band of the mind that parallels the ego’s experience of its unique life.
- Deep life issues – These are the emotionalized issues within the personal unconscious that make up destiny karma—these are the unfulfilled or unresolved issues of human life.
- Torus of Life Purpose – This is a mirror of those unfulfilled aspects that operate from the Subconscious mind. From this vantage point, you can witness the activity of these life issues playing out though your causal body (craving and volition), your astral body (fantasy and desire), and your system of chakras (movement of life force driving emotion and behavior).
- Petal on the Lotus of Lives – Each nodal point, from the Outer Worlds below the beginning of the Path in the Subtle Realm, and each nodal point upon the Path in the Subtle and Planetary Realms up to the highest nodal point of the Fourth Planetary Initiation has one petal on the Lotus of Lives in which one potential life is mirrored.
- Thread connecting this life to the overshadowing ensouling entity – When the ensouling entity incarnates, it connects with this life through a life force link. The life that is generated and the body that expresses it are in direct correspondence to the station of the Soul at the time of birth.
For example, a woman’s Soul Spark dwells on the third nodal point of the Subtle Mental Subplane of the Subtle Realm. Her Soul Spark animates that petal of the Lotus of Lives that corresponds to that nodal point, and the destiny karma apportioned to that life would be written on the Torus of Life Purpose; this will also appear in the fourth quadrant of the casual body.
As the Soul Spark evolves, it will maintain its life force connection to that life in which it was incarnate, even though it aligns with a new potential life petal at each new nodal point that it opens. This is why you will see each successive life anchored in a higher life petal, and a new destiny pattern is established in each new incarnation.
So our woman’s Soul Spark, who incarnated in the Petal of the Life Lotus at the third nodal point of the Subtle Mental Subplane—as her Soul Spark evolves during this life and the inter-life period after the death of that body—will anchor her next life in the petal of the Lotus of Life corresponding to her new station on the Path. This might be, for example, the eleventh nodal point of the Subtle Mental Realm, when she next incarnates.
Sometimes, as her ensouling entity incarnates on this next higher life plateau, she will incarnate in the body of the opposite gender—so “she” will become a “he” in this next life. We speculate that those who don’t easily make this transition from female to male—or vice versa—may deal with gender identity issues as part of their destiny karma in their new life.
This process continues until the Soul has gone beyond the Flame of Compassion at the top of the Fourth Planetary Initiation, at which point an individual enters the Kingdom of the Soul. At this stage of spiritual evolution, the individual is said to be “Not Returning” to the wheel of physical incarnation. When the Soul merges into the Nirvanic Flame, it is reborn as the Monad.
In the form the Monad animates, this Lotus of Lives is reflected at its feet center (pedal chakra). There is a central Jet of Spirit in this center, surrounded by a crystal clear circle—this corresponds to the Soul Plane—and one Life Petal appears for each nodal point below the top of the Fourth Planetary Initiation.
So if you accelerate the rate of your spiritual evolution, while your Soul and its vehicles move to a new nodal point. The karma embedded in the Life Petal at the nodal point in which it operated continues to operate until it is completed—until each issue has been fully experienced and worked out.
Q: What happens if someone doesn’t unfold his or her Soul Spark or Soul, but instead, unfolds a spiritual essence in the Cosmic, Supracosmic, or Transcendental Sphere?
A: The destiny karma will continue to play out on the Life Petal on the Lotus of Life. If the individual leads a good, “dharmic life,” in which he or she doesn’t create heinous sins and darken consciousness, the Soul Spark or Soul will continue to evolve gradually. Every eleven or twelve years, individuals typically work through the karma between one nodal point and the next one.
What we see in individuals polarized in the Higher Octaves of Being is that they will enact a new agenda in their lives based on what path they embrace. So in addition to destiny karmic issues, which will remain the same, we see that this higher octave spiritual essence will express elements of its experience through its personality.
For example, individuals who identify with cosmic consciousness and actively unfold this essence might begin practicing hatha yoga, learning from books of Yoga Philosophy, studying Hindu scriptures, and enacting worship and lifestyle rituals in their life. They will bring these elements into expression in their personality, while the underlying destiny karma issues will remain the same.
This is why you find a profound split in the ego’s experience of life and the destiny karma with which it must struggle, and the higher, more ecstatic experience of someone communing with cosmic consciousness—or other Higher Octave spiritual essence.
We might note that those who do their spiritual work at these Higher Octaves often seek to disidentify with the ego and permanently transcend it though remaining in an altered state of consciousness. However, these issues remain, and must be resolved, regardless of whatever state of identity the individual embraces.
Those who are interested in studying more about what happens when individuals work outside of the cutting edge of spirituality and adopt identification outside their native ensoulment and personality embodiment might enjoy reading our book, Religions, Cults, and Terrorism: What the Heck Are We Doing? Those wishing to avoid the consequences of imbalanced spiritual development may wish to learn more about the Mudrashram® system of Integral meditation, and learn how to effect transformation at your cutting edge of spirituality in our intermediate meditation classes, the in-person Mudrashram® Master Course in Meditation and the by-mail and the online Accelerated Meditation Program.