By George A. Boyd ©2015
Many people do not believe in God, because they have never experienced this Divine Being directly. Like discovery of the Soul, the encounter with God also appears to pass through several stages. These are summarized below.
- Atheism – No other essence other than the brain and the universe that can be known through astrophysics is evident to you, and you do not believe that God exists.
- Agnosticism –You have no experience of God, but you notice that others seem to have experiences that indicate to them that God is real. You entertain the idea that God may exist, but you maintain the belief that until God reveals Himself, you will continue to hold an agnostic belief about God.
- Mystery – You have an experience that you cannot explain within the parameters of science or what you have previously known in your life. These experiences can include consciously journeying out of your body (astral projection), suddenly feeling one with the universe (a peak experience or mystical experience), or feeling the infilling of God’s Light in your heart (anointing with the Holy Spirit). You cannot deny this experience: it may lead you to quest for an answer or explanation, or you may consider that you went temporarily insane, and you will seek to suppress the experience.
- Encounter with Spiritual Grace and Power – You experience this when you spend time in the Presence of a highly spiritually advanced human being—a Master or Initiate. You sense great Light emanates from them, great love and purity pervade the space around them, and you sense a powerful presence within them. Their words seem to come from some deep reservoir of wisdom. They have penetrating insight and knowledge. You leave their company touched and moved: you see something of your own spiritual potential mirrored in them.
- Numinous encounter – You experience a numinous encounter in meditation: here you may behold an angel or a radiant Ascended Master, who tells you about God. Through what they describe to you, you sense something of this Divine Being, and sense that this Being is at a deeper level of the Great Continuum of Consciousness.
- Faith and dialog – At this stage you come to believe in a form of God, and you pray to this Being, and listen for the Divine to answer your prayers. You may begin a question and answer dialog with this Being through the cord of faith and remembrance. This is the level people experience when they adopt religious faith.
- Mystic union (Samadhi) – At this stage, your attentional principle, your spirit, or your Soul enters into the Presence of God at one level of the Continuum, and you directly encounter this Being. Here you can verify that God exists—at least this form of God you have directly encountered. As you progress on the spiritual path, you encounter even greater forms of God beyond this first encounter.
- Empowerment – When you reach this stage, God empowers you with Light to teach, initiate, or guide others. This is the stage of spiritual Mastery. You dwell in the Presence of God. You know God’s will. You become the conduit of God’s love, wisdom, and Grace.
If you have gone through the barrier of mystery, and have begun to experience the Superconscious mind, you will ultimately directly encounter the forms of God on the Great Continuum of Consciousness. People believe in God, and pray to this Being; those that learn the key techniques of transformational, spiritual, and attentional meditation can actually ascend into the Divine Presence—and ultimately become a conduit for Divine Grace and Love.
We teach these methods through which you can experience Soul Realization and God Communion in our intermediate courses—the Accelerated Meditation Program and the Mudrashram® Master Course in Meditation. If you persist in your meditation using these methods, you will discover God in the many ways that the Divine appears on the Great Continuum, and ultimately, you will rise into your own state of Mastery and Empowerment.
By George A. Boyd © 2015
Seekers are often unclear about how they get into touch with the Soul, and how the Soul communicates its message to them. There appears to be a progressive deepening in receptivity to the guidance of the Soul, ranging from being completely cut off from your Soul to knowing without a doubt that your Soul is directly communicating with you. These seven stages are shown below:
- Dormant – you have no connection with the Soul. You are not aware of any spiritual essence outside of your brain.
- Coincidence – your Soul communicates with you through signs, omens, and serendipitous encounters during your waking life. These seem confusing and mysterious, and you have no rational explanation for these events.
- Symbol – you receive cryptic communications in your dreams that are conveyed by symbols or images, whose meaning is not clear to you. You attempt to interpret these meanings to understand them.
- Felt sense – you have a hunch or felt sense that something is not right, or you have a felt sense that you must do something. It is insistent; sometimes it is hard to ignore this feeling. This marks the dawning of intuition.
- Still small voice – your Soul makes its ideas and wishes known to you as audible thought: you hear its voice. You cannot always be certain at this level whether this message comes from the Soul, or from some other level of your mind.
- Inner guide – your Soul appears in an archetypal or radiant guide form, and you dialog with it directly. There is some question here whether or not the form you see is actually communicating from the Soul or some other source.
- Direct reception – you unite with the Soul and you listen to it directly: you are absolutely certain that the message you receive is coming from the Soul.
You can directly communicate with the Soul through a process called Receptive Meditation. We describe seven methods for receiving guidance from the Soul in the Introduction to Meditation Course, and teach you a method called the Remembrance Method, by which you are able to communicate with the Soul over the cord of remembrance.
In our intermediate courses, the Accelerated Meditation Program—which you can take online—and the in-person Mudrashram® Master Course in Meditation, we teach a more advanced form of Receptive Meditation. In this method, you will travel in full-consciousness into the presence of your Soul, and ask your questions to it directly.
We encourage seekers to learn to know their Soul and to unmistakably identify its communications. Once you reach this state of clarity, you will be able to verify the source of these intuitive messages genuinely is coming from the Soul, and not from somewhere else. You will build your foundation of spiritual knowledge upon this bedrock of certainty and clarity—instead of signs and symbols, and voices and visions, you will know your living Soul and know for certain that it speaks to you, unequivocally.
We have upgraded our website to better serve the meditation community. In addition to the articles and descriptions of services that were on our legacy site, our new site will feature:
- A web log with new articles and commentary
- A library where you can read the articles that were on the legacy website, augmented by free short videos on a variety of topics and new articles that were not on the legacy web site
- The opportunity to take classes on-line – those who have not meditated before will be able to take a new course, the Introduction to Meditation Program. You will now be able to take our by-mail course, the Accelerated Meditation Program, on-line, enhanced with explanatory videos. You will be able to take an independent study version of the Mudrashram® Advanced Course in Meditation.
- Advanced Study Programs – those of you who complete the Mudrashram® Advanced Course in Meditation class can now take our advanced study programs, the Satsang Program Home Study Course and the Mudrashram® Correspondence Course on-line.
- A complete collection of our webinars – you will be able to watch or listen to all of our webinars, both the three to five hour in-depth classes and the shorter, 60 to 90 minute topical webinars. There are more than 300 of them on a variety of subjects.
- Coaching programs – many of you have come to our website seeking solutions to life issues that have plagued you for many years. In fact, the articles that you read the most on our legacy website were articles about growing up in a dysfunctional family, how to overcome the problems of addiction, how to deal with issues related to cult involvement, and ways to improve your lives. We have heard you: we have developed complete on-line coaching programs for Life Coaching, Recovery from a Dysfunctional Family, Cult Recovery, and Recovery from Addiction.
- Certification programs – we are developing certification programs for those of you who are professionals in holistic health, psychotherapy, yoga, and counseling field, who wish to add stress reduction and meditation to your skill sets. We will initially offer two certification programs: the Stress Reduction Consultant Certification Course, and the Meditation for Therapists Practitioner Certification Course. These programs include a practicum where you will present a case where you use the skills you have learned, and a final exam to test your knowledge. Successful completion of each program will lead to a certificate of completion.
We encourage you to explore our site. We believe you will find something here that you will find valuable, whether it is watching a video or reading an article in the library, viewing a webinar, taking a class, working to overcome challenging life issues with a coaching program, adding to your skills through a certification course.
We have much to share. It is our hope that you will find something here that will help you grow personally and advance spiritually. Welcome to the new Mudrashram® website!